Ingenix CareTracker Selected as a Qualified Electronic Health Record System by Health IT Regional Extension Centers in Alabama and Rhode Island
Selection provides guidance to small physician practices selecting an EHR system that supports better patient care and helps them demonstrate Meaningful Use of Health IT
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn., Dec. 9, 2010 – The Alabama and Rhode Island Health IT Regional Extension Centers (RECs) have selected Ingenix CareTracker™ as a qualified electronic health record (EHR) solution for doctors in their states.
These RECs¾The University of South Alabama’s Center for Strategic Health Innovation in the USA College of Medicine, and Rhode Island Quality Institute¾were created through grants from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Their mission is to provide resources that help physician practices adopt EHR systems and demonstrate Meaningful Use of Health IT to qualify up to $44,000 in Medicare and up to $63,000 in Medicaid incentive payments as provided for by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). In support of their goals, many RECs are evaluating EHR systems and providing recommendations to make buying decisions easier for doctors.
“The Alabama and Rhode Island RECs selected the Ingenix CareTracker system because they believe the service is well suited to support primary care physicians’ efforts to enhance patient care and demonstrate Meaningful Use of health IT,” said Steve Tolle, senior vice president of physician solutions at Ingenix.
About Ingenix CareTracker
The Ingenix CareTracker solution includes a CCHIT Certified 2011 Ambulatory EHR system that saves physicians time and money by helping them access important clinical knowledge and patient medical information at the point of care. The solutionenables clinicians to enter, retrieve and correlate patient information at the point of care, and features connections to thousands of labs, hospitals, pharmacies and commercial and government health plans. The Ingenix CareTracker solution fully integrates all of the operational functions of a physician practice, simplifying administrative tasks such as billing, scheduling and documentation. Ingenix CareTracker technology features include:
- Clinical decision support tools based onnational guidelines (e.g., NCQA’s HEDIS measurements) that analyze clinical data and alert physicians to perform recommended tests or exams
- Medication safety and SureScripts® certified electronic prescribing tools, including enhanced medication interaction screening and weight-based dosing toolsthat enable physicians to compare current orders with prescription history to avoid potential adverse effects or medication errors
- Krames patient education resources,including a comprehensive library of patient-friendly education resources that help doctors inform their patients about medical conditions, treatment options and after-care instructions
- Patient engagement tools that enable patients to access their medical records and request an appointment or prescription renewal online
- Evaluation and management (E&M) coding solutions that help physicians and their staff, when charging for office visits and consultations, identify the most appropriate E&M procedure (e.g., Current Procedural Terminology [CPT] code) to ensure compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services guidelines
Ingenix provides a package of interest-free financing and Meaningful Use guarantees that eliminate the up-front costs of implementing an EHR system. Because the Ingenix CareTracker EHR solution costsless than $5,000 per year per physician, federal stimulus funding may cover most or all of thesubscription costs for the service through the end of the ARRA reimbursement period, depending on the composition of a physician’s patient mix.
For more information about Ingenix CareTracker solutions, visit www.ingenix.com/ehr.
Funding for the Regional Extension Centers is provided by The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Health Information Technology Extension Program Regional Centers EP-HIT-09-003 (CFDA #93.718)
Ingenix is a leading provider of health information, technology and consulting services. Organizations, institutions, businesses and government agencies that comprise the health care system depend on Ingenix solutions and insights to improve their performance. Visit www.ingenix.com for more information.