This is the second post in the series of posts (see the previous ONC-ATCB Certified EHR Breakdown) looking at the EHR certification numbers put together by HITECH Answers. The following is the breakdown of EHR Certification by Certifying body:
2 Certified by Infogard
– 1 Modular Ambulatory system
– 1 Modular Inpatient system
40 Certified by Drummond
– 15 Complete Ambulatory systems
– 5 Complete Inpatient systems
– 15 Modular Ambulatory systems
– 5 Modular Inpatient systems
88 Certified by CCHIT
– 50 Complete Ambulatory systems
– 15 Complete Inpatient systems
– 11 Modular Ambulatory systems
– 12 Modular Inpatient systems
Infogard is just getting started, but CCHIT and Drummond Group are cranking them out. I’m guessing right now demand for their service is strong and they can certify them as quick as they can. It will be interesting to see what happens to these organizations post EMR Stimulus money, but they have a few years before they have to worry about that.
Of course, this is only the temporary ONC EHR Certification. ONC will have the official one and then all the EMR vendors will likely have to re-certify again. Let’s call it the EHR certifying body stimulus program.