Here’s a treat for those who enjoy learning more the history of hospitals and public health. This video, replete with classic period photos of Brooklyn at the turn of the century, outlines the long, rich history of the country’s first Methodist hospital. New York Methodist, which was founded to serve the city’s poorest residents, was founded in 1881 and remains in operation. (By the way, some of you will get a kick out of the 100-year-old fundraising letter shown during the presentation; some things never change, eh?)
Get Fresh Healthcare & IT Stories Delivered Daily
Be in good company. Join thousands of healthcare & HealthIT peers who subscribe to Healthcare IT Today.
You may also like
About the author
Anne Zieger is a healthcare journalist who has written about the industry for 30 years. Her work has appeared in all of the leading healthcare industry publications, and she's served as editor in chief of several healthcare B2B sites.
- Manager Healthcare Provider Data
- Epic Beaker Project Manager
- Cerner Quality Measures
- EMR Specialist
- Interim Director of Clinical Informatics
- IT PROJECT MANAGER - Methodist Hospital of Southern California
- IT BUSINESS ANALYST III - Methodist Hospital of Southern California
- IT CLINICAL APPLICATIONS MANAGER - Methodist Hospital of Southern California
- Healthcare IT Manager
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Coordinator