In between my efforts to Get Smart on ARRA and Vendor Neutral Archives today, I took time out to meet in person with a few experts that I have met on Twitter and learned a great deal from in the past couple years. For breakfast I met with resume specialist and career coach, Miriam Salpeter (@Keppie_Careers) and she has already graciously connected me with several other career experts that have mutual interests. Additionally, I met for drinks with my favorite and wittiest blogging recruiter Stephanie Lloyd (@StephanieALloyd) and marketer extraordinaire Todd Schnick (@ToddSchnick). Todd and Stephanie gave me lots of great ideas and I got very excited brainstorming a killer career marketing event later this year. There will definitely be more to come on that in the future.
- Meetings with well-known Career experts – Detailed above.
- “Drive-by’s’ with several PACS and VNA vendors – I spent much of the afternoon with Gary Nicolas, the founder of Secant Healthcare, confirming VNA support with several PACS vendors. Gary was definitely the right person to run with as he has built an innovative PACS data migration offering and he has migrated clients from and to each of the vendors that we had discussions with today. We spent some time in the Interoperability Showcase which, in my opinion should be the only exhibit on the floor. In this area, most vendors participate in the (IHE) integration of their systems with all other vendors.
- Learn more about a few companies with new and innovative business models like The Center for Imaging – I got a one-on-one presentation of The Center for Imaging’s business model from Todd Schlesinger, VP of Business Development.
- Attendance ICD-10 preparedness session
- Small market EMR systems review
- Client call about a Neonatal ICU system
I will continue to blog daily on the most interesting things that I learn on each topic and the most interesting people that I meet. Please help me by sharing any content you have found stimulating on any of these topics in a comment below.