Trade shows provide opportunities to stay abreast of the latest buzz and to network with a large amount of people in a very short time. My primary goal in attending HIMSS in Atlanta this week is to connect or re-connect with hundreds of old and new friends and colleagues for the purpose of coaching, recruiting, business development and “Getting Smart.”
Specifically, I hope to “Get Smart” on:
- The latest on ARRA/HITECH
- Vendor Neutral (Imaging) Archives
- Meditech’s competition in the small hospital EMR/CPOE space
- Travel to Atlanta
- Get lay of the land in Atlanta and create plan of attack for the week
- Set up for and attend FCG Alumni Happy Hour that I coordinated!
I will blog daily on the most interesting things I learn on each topic and the most interesting people that I meet. Please help me by sharing any content you have found stimulating on any of these topics in a comment below.