I previously posted some thoughts on how I’d structure an EMR and HIPAA Awards competition. However, I wonder if I’m biased by the existing EMR Awards models. I’m thinking that maybe it’s unreasonable to offer an award for the entire EMR or EHR system. Instead, maybe we should just award certain features of an EMR or EHR system. Here’s some example of awards that could be given:
- Best EMR Template/Charting Method
- Best EMR Document Management System
- Best EMR and PMS integration
- Best EMR Prescribing Interface
- Best EMR Internal Messaging/Task System
- Best Out of the Box EMR
- Most Configurable EMR (not too much, not too little)
Even these features would sometimes be difficult to compare. However, comparing specific functions seems like it might be more accurate and more valuable than doing an entire EMR system award.
What do you think? Would this be of value to doctors?