The first round of certification by CCHIT is now complete with 22 EMR products making the cut. I could say a lot more about CCHIT and I’m sure you’ve read some of my previous thoughts on CCHIT Certification. However, at this point I think it’s important to wait and see what happens with certification. Also, I think it would be somewhat innapropriate to pollute a post about CCHIT certification with bad mouthing CCHIT certificiation.
So, congratulations is deserved by each of the following systems for being able to certify. That is NOT an easy task to do and certainly represents hours of time spent by each company to meet the criteria. I should also mention that there are a number of very fine quality EMR’s on the list. You can find them in between the Jabba the Hut EMR’s on the list.
* Allscripts (HealthMatics Electronic Health Record 2006)
* Allscripts (TouchWorks Electronic Health Record 10.1.1)
* Cerner Corporation (PowerChart 2005.02)
* Community Computer Service (MEDENT 16)
* Companion Technologies (Companion EMR v8.5)
* eClinicalWorks (eClinicalWorks Version 7.0 Release 2)
* Emdeon Practice Services (Intergy EHR v3.00)
* e-MDs (e-MDs Solution Series 6.1)
* Epic Systems (EpicCare Ambulatory EMR Spring 2006)
* GE Healthcare (Centricity EMR 2005 Version 6.0)
* iMedica Corporation (iMedica Patient Relationship Manager 2005, version 5.1)
* Infor-Med Corporation (Praxis Electronic Medical Records, version 3.4)
* JMJ Technologies (EncounterPRO EHR 5.0)
* LSS Data Systems (Medical and Practice Management Suite Client Server Version 5.5 (Service
* McKesson (Horizon Ambulatory Care Version 9.4)
* MCS-Medical Communication Systems (mMD.Net EHR 9.0.9)
* MedcomSoft (Record 2006 (V 3.0))
* Medical Informatics Engineering (WebChart 4.23)
* Misys Healthcare Systems (Misys EMR 8.0)
* NextGen Healthcare Information Systems (NextGen EMR 5.3)
* Nightingale Informatix Corporation (myNightingale Physician Workstation 5.1)
* Practice Partner (Patient Records 9)
The Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology announced Monday that two more ambulatory electronic health-record products achieved certified status.
They are: iMedica Patient Relationship Manager 2005, version 5.1, by iMedica Corp. of Carrollton, Texas; and Praxis Electronic Medical Records, version 3.4 by Infor-Med of Woodland Hills, Calif. In addition, two products announced earlier as pre-market, conditionally certified, have now been fully certified. They are MEDENT 16 by Community Computer Service of Auburn, N.Y., and Medical and Practice Management Suite, Client Server Version 5.5, (Service Release 2.1) by LSS Data Systems of Eden Prairie, Minn. CCHIT certified the EHR component of the LSS product.